6.30.2010

He's Alive!!!!

So, it’s been quite some time since I’ve posted my last blog. "Quite some time" really doesn’t even do the time between posts justice though…it’s been nearly 11 months. Geesh. Seeing as how the uproar was so loud, I felt it best that I resuscitate my blog as best as possible. Here we go. Hang on. It could be a bumpy ride….


“Ryan, what have you been doing all this time? We’ve missed you so much! Please come back. We need your words of wisdom.” Those were just some of the outcries from my readers over the past 11 months. You don’t believe me? Wow. I’m hurt. But you’re right. It was more like…..yeah....


Wow, 11 months. I can’t believe I’ve been that slack. I mean, it’s not like we had a baby or anything. Or that I changed jobs. Or that we moved. Ok, so two out of three of those are true.

Here’s some news….I started P90X on Sunday. That’s right! I’m BRINGING IT!!! But barely. I can hardly move my arms, legs, neck, feet…yeah, you get the picture. I’m walking around like a 100 yr old man. In fact, if I had to lift my hands to type, it would be another year before I typed the next blog.


That dude’s not kidding when he says this is not for beginners. And I’m a beginner but I need to do something, so I’m going all out. I’ll likely be out on the floor before too long though – the warm ups of the Plyometrics X nearly killed me yesterday….


“Where are the pictures?” you ask. Right. Like I am going to post those. Ok, so I will. But only if…I mean WHEN…I hit my goal. Progress reports will be posted each week – if nothing else to keep me motivated to keep going and to also visualize and keep me accountable.

I haven’t had a Mt. Dew in 3 days….not even a Diet Dew. That’s big. I used to go through those things like a newborn goes through dirty diapers. Ok, so that wasn’t a good visual…how about…I used to go through those things like the government goes through my money? Yeah, I was that bad. Well, maybe not that bad, but Pepsi’s stock has tumbled the past 2 days thanks to my lack of demand.


I did make it to a Braves' game last night with out partners at work. We had pretty good seats, too. There were four of us and for whatever reason...perhaps the fact the Braves were playing the Nationals....we were the only four on our row. So midway through the game, we all spread out and wouldn't you know it, about 15 minutes after doing so, one of the Nats' players hits a foul ball that careens off the lower part of the 2nd deck and bounces right to the girl who had moved down into my original seat. I tried to convince her that since that was my seat, that ball actually belonged to me but she didn't go for it. Pretty smart for an 8-yr old!

I guess that’s it for now. I’ll post more later…honestly I will. I’m kind of curious as to if anyone will even read this…

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap...I don't believe it. Every time I look at our blog I see how long it's been since you've posted...and when I saw 11 hours I nearly fell out of my chair. Welcome back!

    Hope to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete