7.13.2009

You Forgot Something Daddy

As most of you know by now, we welcomed Baby Cadence to the world Friday night, July 10, at 11:02pm. It's been an adjustment as we well expected, but it's been a good one.

We spent Friday and Saturday night at the hospital and came home Sunday, late afternoon. Today was our first full day home and it was relatively uneventful. Thank goodness. We did have to take Cadence to the Gwinnett Imaging Center because she had to get her jaundice levels re-checked....unfortunately they are still high so we have to go back tomorrow - we have an appointment for her anyway, so at least it can be done all at one time.

So, that's a short recap of the past few days. I plan to get some pictures and some other information posted by mid-week.

Tonight though, Granny Pam was holding Cadence and it was time to take Preston to bed so I was able to take him. We went upstairs and did our normal routine....had to convince him to get upstairs first...he wanted me to carry him....convinced him to race me up the stairs first and I would carry him on the top stairs...we finally made it upstairs....his bed was made so we had to unmake it....he wasn't happy that we made his bed "ugly"...then he didn't want the "jam-jams" (pajamas) I put on him...finally got him to get two books....he had a big football in one arm so he only had one arm to get the books....finally got the football and the books on the bed then it was time for night-night prayers.

We knelt down beside the bed, he was on his stool in his usual position and right as we were finishing he says, "You forgot to ask Jesus to make Preston feel better." We had been praying for Jesus to help Preston feel better the past week while he was having his Bronchitis issues, and I honestly didn't think he was really paying attention. I was shocked though, because I hadn't put him to bed in over 3 days but yet, he remembered that.

I love my little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment