7.15.2009

Wake Up Call

Tonight was definitely a night I won't soon forget. I had gone upstairs to put Preston to bed and after our normal routine, I finally was able to rejoin the troops downstairs. When I got there, I noticed I had a missed call on my cell. It was from a friend I hadn't talked to in a few months. We traded voicemails a few times and this seemed to be another case.

So I checked the voicemail (b/c like my friend Chris, I'm not a fan of people calling me back without first listening to the message...who knows, he may have said something like, "I'm about to go to bed" or....who knows....)

Anyway, I went ahead and checked the voicemail and when it started playing, it was my friend's wife. That, in and of itself, was odd. As the congratulations were being said (regarding the birth of our daughter), I could tell in her voice something wasn't right.

It turned out, one of my closest friends, just 30 years old, had a heart attack earlier Monday morning. Wow....talk about a wake up call.

I know I joke around a lot about my weight...my 6 chins...etc., etc. but this one has definitely got me thinking. I need to do something. I'll be sure and get a blog going on my progress!!

Thank goodness my friend is going to be ok, but this could happen again. And the next time he may not be so lucky. It also goes to show it could happen to anyone at any time. And I don't want it to happen to me.

Thinking and praying for you pal!


No comments:

Post a Comment