1.02.2012

Just Put it on Paper...Or the Blog

Well, the first day of 2012 has come and gone, and apparently I'm having an adverse reaction to Benadryl tonight as it's now well after midnight and I can't seem to sleep. The persistent cough doesn't help either....but I digress.

Hopefully the start of 2012 was a good one for you. For us, it was quite nice actually. Like most days, Preston was up ready to go by 7 am while neither Lori nor I were ready to budge....but as for 99% of all weekend mornings, Lori got up, got the kids situated, and made breakfast while I slept in. I do still have a "small" excuse in that I'm not 100% and I did have an extra Benadryl around 2am (which typically zonks me out)....but nonetheless, Lori was the rock-star. I have a feeling he'll be doing the same soon and I'll end up getting up with him - seems only fair, right?

We had ribs, black-eyed peas and potato cheese casserole for dinner. It was YUMMY let me tell ya! And let me tell you something else, we are starting to get used to this eating at home concept. Not sure why we haven't tried it more often...but I can see it happening pretty regularly now.

Anyway, it dawned on me while I was trying to sleep, I mean watch the Cowboys get embarrassed again, that I hadn't completed the recap of 2011. So I'm going to give it a shot here now....maybe if I just stick with doing a list, I can get it done. It may be kind of tricky as "Office Space" is playing in the background....so what should take about 30 minutes to blog about may take 2-3 hours....haha.

So here we go....I'll try and do it by months, but I'm sure I'll get stuck....(and the pictures are off-centered, I know - I've spent about an hour trying to get it reformatted but to no avail....so my apologies....)
  1. January - We got a new car - swapped the old Altima with a new Altima and Preston turned 4.


  2. February - Lori turned 7 3/4
  3. February - My grandmother (Dad's mom) passed away. At the funeral, Preston met "his tallest friend", his cousin Jimmy. He's only 6'7" so not sure why this was so impressive...

  4. April - My sister got married
  5. May - For the first time in quite some time, we did not have the BellSouth Pioneer Golf Tournament - instead, my dad, brother-in-law and I played golf at Orangeburg Country Club. Also, Lori and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary and took a trip to visit some friends in San Fan (who are now living in Chicago...looks like another trip is in the works!!!).
  6. June - We took our first family vacation - Englewood, Florida - not a great family shot, but still...- where Preston fell in love with his 16-yr old cousin, Jenna. I couldn't find a picture with the two of them, but did find one of Cadence and Jenna. While we were there, Lori received a job offer from NCR. I was on the golf course when her "soon to be" boss called me making sure she checked her messages so she could get her paperwork in.
  7. July - Cadence turned 2  
  8. August - Went to a practice round and 3rd round of the 93rd PGA Championship held at the Atlanta Athletic Club.
  9. October - One of my best friends got baptized!!! I had a picture of this but can't find it now...still searching....and I changed jobs within NCR.
  10. November - I turned 33
  11. December - Had our first family Christmas at our house with just the four of us
  12. December - Ended up at the ER on Christmas Day....
I'm not sure what month exactly this one fell, but one of the most significant memories of 2011 is getting another clean report from my grandmother's (Mom's mom) fight against colon cancer. She's one strong lady and God is good!!! Still cancer free!!!!

I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to the year than just that but that's just what came to me while sitting here.

So now that leaves me with 2012. It's time to put it on paper, or on the blog, my Top 12 goals, resolutions, milestones...whatever you want to call them. I figure if I write it down, or type it, I'm going to be a lot more likely to stick with them. So here we go....not in any particular order:
  1. Read one book per month (minimum)
  2. Update blog once/month (minimum)
  3. Daily bible reading
  4. Be down to 175lbs by Mar 31 (Currently at 195)
  5. Start - AND FINISH - P90X
  6. Begin a daily devotion with my family
  7. Have a date night at a minimum of once/month (with my wife of course)
  8. Write (and mail) one hand written letter to a friend once/month (minimum)
  9. Cut out soft drinks - completely
  10. Get - AND STAY - organized
  11. Do something nice and unexpected for someone once/month (minimum)
  12. Go somewhere new / do something new once/month (minimum)
Of course, I have some other personal goals that aren't listed, and for those, I just ask that you pray for me that I can achieve and stick to them.

So there you have it - my first blog of 2012. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment