1.08.2012

Hoping for Answers

It's been two weeks since I had whatever it was that sent me to the hospital and 2 weeks of no answers as to what really caused it, just speculation. I'm ready for some answers.

I had some blood work done to test for allergies a few days after it happened, but because of the medications I was on, it's likely that my levels were skewed....although it did show a slight "abnormal" / Class I allergy to shellfish. I've been told that even with Class I being on the low end of the allergy scale (0-VI), you can still have a severe reaction, especially if your body is unable to fend off the allergens. And seeing as how I was on quite a bit of medication for the pneumonia, my body definitely was not in tip-top condition.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to be fully tested until later this week as I have to wait 5-7 days after being off the antihistamines before I can do the skin-prick test. So...I'll be going through that later this week or the first of the next.

Until then, I went and saw a GI doctor and will be having a procedure done tomorrow - upper endoscopy - to see if I have an ulcer and/or any possible damage to my esophagus. While I surely hope there's nothing wrong, I do hope they can find something that can be treated so I can have some sort of answer. 

I'll admit, I'm a little nervous. I had this procedure done about 10 years ago and was assured I was "not going to feel a thing". That was FAR from the truth. I remember everything. I remember them starting the tube. I remember them going down my throat. I remember gagging like I've never gagged before. I remember it was PAINFUL, and I remember I was scared. So...I'm a little nervous the same thing will happen tomorrow. I mentioned that to the doctor and he assured me the anesthetic procedures are much better now (the first time I had this done was in SC so it's not with the same practice) so I'm going to trust him.   

What I'd like to ask of any of you reading my blog is to pray for me to have calm nerves and a restful night's sleep tonight. Pray that I don't say or do anything silly or stupid while I'm "knocked out" - haha! Pray for the doctor to have a steady hand and attention to detail. Pray for the nurses to be on their A-game. Pray for Lori for patience while I'm being "checked out". Pray for everyone involved tomorrow. The procedure can take anywhere from 15-60 minutes.

Thanks and love to you all!

2 comments:

  1. I know you're getting old and all, but don't go falling apart on us! I read your other blog about what happened - scary. I hope they will be able to give you some answers too. We will definitely be thinking about you and praying that everything goes ok with the procedure. Be sure to post what they find out (about both issues). We need to get together sooner than later. Preston and Cadence are getting SO big! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaiah 53 and 1Peter 2 tell us that by His stripes we are healed. So trust the doctors, but more importantly trust Him. Scripture always calms me and brings me peace. You will be in my prayers.


    May the Lord bless you and keep you. May He make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May He lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace. Numbers 6:24

    ReplyDelete