1.22.2011

Welcome 2011 - New Year's Resolutions and Joey Fatone Sighting

Well, 2011 has made its descent upon us...in fact, we're just about ready to kiss the first month goodbye. Good grief. Where does the time go?

And as with every new year, there's so much anxiety surrounding "resolutions". "I'm going to stop drinking so much Mt. Dew" or "I'm going to lose 15 pounds so I can get back to where I was in college" or whatever. You know the drill. And usually I fall prey to the system. In particularly, I'd say, "I'm going to resolve to not procrastinate." But not this year. No resolutions for me. I never keep them anyway so why bother? This year, I'm just going to concentrate on being the best I can, each and every day. Forget resolutions. I'm going to set goals and expectations for myself. Even write them down. Yeah, that's what I'll do. Tomorrow...

So here it is, Jan. 22, 2011 and already this year we've had birds falling from the sky & thousands of dead fish popping up in Chicago , the Snowpocalypse of 2011, an assassination attempt in Arizona , the New York Jets beating Mr. Manning and Mr. Brady in back-to-back games to advance to the AFC Title Game for the 2nd straight year...and many other things...I'm just too tired to type anymore. :-)

It's been an eventful year so far to say the least.

Ok enough rambling. I'll make some time to do more of that later (there's that procrastination again)...time to get to the meat of this post.

Today, while we were eating at Jim 'N Nick's BBQ, as the lady next to us got up, she said, "You remind me of Joey (Fatone). Anyone ever tell you that?" And to be honest with her, I had to say "Yes, ma'am. They actually have."

Now...it's been about 5 or 6 years since the last time someone had made that comparison...or at least verbalized that comparison to me. So I thought I'd do some playing around and put something together....
Now I'm interested in hearing what you have to say. Go ahead. I can take it.

And as to resolutions go, I mean "goals and expectations", well, I'll get to that later....haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment